MADISON, Wis. - Police tracked down a Madison man accused of stealing a wallet after using surveillance video from a downtown bar.
According to a Madison Police Department statement, Bernard Beck was charged with three counts of misappropriation of personal identifying materials when he allegedly stole a 21-year-old woman's wallet from her purse at the Nitty Gritty bar. Upon realizing her wallet was gone, the woman called her credit card company to learn one card had been already used at a local grocery to buy cigarettes.
Police used surveillance video from the Nitty Gritty to identify the man, who later returned to the bar. Employees alerted police, and Beck was arrested at the scene.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers