MADISON, Wis. - Police tracked down a Madison man accused of stealing a wallet after using surveillance video from a downtown bar.
According to a Madison Police Department statement, Bernard Beck was charged with three counts of misappropriation of personal identifying materials when he allegedly stole a 21-year-old woman's wallet from her purse at the Nitty Gritty bar. Upon realizing her wallet was gone, the woman called her credit card company to learn one card had been already used at a local grocery to buy cigarettes.
Police used surveillance video from the Nitty Gritty to identify the man, who later returned to the bar. Employees alerted police, and Beck was arrested at the scene.
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely understood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam