MADISON, Wis. - Police responded to a report of suspicious people Sunday morning at 8:50 a.m. in the Brittingham Park shelter at 401 West Shore Drive, officials said.
Officials said the three men were so focused on shooting heroin that they never saw the officer walk up next to them.
Jack D. Dvorak, 23, had a bag filled with numerous items including electronics, according to a release. Dvorak said "some guy" had given them to him.
Police discovered one of the GPS units in the bag was stolen from the car of a 61-year-old Jenifer Street resident.
Dvorak told police he is a daily heroin user, according to the release. He was arrested on charges of receiving stolen property and possession of drug paraphernalia.
The two other men were cited and released.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash