MADISON, Wis. - Police tracked down a Madison teenager Wednesday who is allegedly connected to a crime spree that started in November, according to a release.
Akayja J. Retelle, 17, was making an appearance for a previous arrest in the Dane County Court House Wednesday when police tracked her down, officials said.
According to the release, the 17-year-old was part of a crime spree that started in November when she allegedly stole a 31-year-old Madison woman's purse on a Madison Metro bus.
Bus surveillance video appears to show Retelle, who was seated, take an object from the woman's backpack, police said. Hours after the woman's wallet was stolen, her credit card was used in a shopping spree at West Towne Mall.
Retelle was arrested on charges of theft and misappropriation of personal identifying materials.Madison crime map
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire