MADISON, Wis. - Police tracked down a Madison teenager Wednesday who is allegedly connected to a crime spree that started in November, according to a release.
Akayja J. Retelle, 17, was making an appearance for a previous arrest in the Dane County Court House Wednesday when police tracked her down, officials said.
According to the release, the 17-year-old was part of a crime spree that started in November when she allegedly stole a 31-year-old Madison woman's purse on a Madison Metro bus.
Bus surveillance video appears to show Retelle, who was seated, take an object from the woman's backpack, police said. Hours after the woman's wallet was stolen, her credit card was used in a shopping spree at West Towne Mall.
Retelle was arrested on charges of theft and misappropriation of personal identifying materials.Madison crime map
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes