MADISON, Wis. - An attempt to sell $1,500 worth of golf clubs led to an arrest, according to Madison police.
A 21-year-old Madison man told police the clubs were stolen from his car in Ridgeview Court on July 9, but when someone tried to sell the clubs at a used sporting goods store, the store had already been told about the stolen club's by the victim.
Police said when Andrew J. Uicker, 21, tried to sell the clubs at Play It Again Sports at 4640 E. Washington Ave., the store's owner took the clubs and told Uicker he knew the clubs were stolen. Uicker fled and was later found by police.
Police said they also found a stolen laptop and other items stolen from cars.
Uicker denied wrongdoing despite store video surveillance, according to police.
Uicker was arrested on suspicion of entry into a locked vehicle and theft.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry