MADISON, Wis. - Three teenagers were detained at gunpoint Sunday afternoon when a resident reported that they had pointed a rifle at her house, officials said.
The 86-year-old Lucia Crest resident called police around 4:50 p.m. after the three teenagers walked by her house and the one with a rifle pointed it at her home, according to a release.
Police said multiple officers responded to the 3500 block of Lucia Crest and detained the teenagers at gunpoint.
The gun that was found was a pellet rifle that was made to look like real AR-15s police use, according to the release.
Laimon J. Van Buren, 18, of Madison, the teenager with the gun, said they were just playing around, but he understood that what he did could be seen as threatening, police said.
Van Buren was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct.Madison crime map
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash