MADISON, Wis. - A 17-year-old Madison girl told police she was scared when a stranger tried to entice her into getting into his truck.
The girl said the man in a blue truck called out to her as she was walking in the 700 block of West Badger Road Monday afternoon. She said that when she rebuffed him, he parked his truck and got out.
The girl told police she ran while the man chased her, making what police describe as bizarre statements. The man, at one point, claimed to be some type of police officer, according to police.
The man caught up to the girl and she said she offered him money to leave her alone. Police said that's when the man got into his truck and left.
The man is described as black, in his 40s, 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 160-180 pounds with a medium build. He was bald with white facial stubble. He was wearing a white T-shirt with a logo on the front, blue jeans, brown dress shoes, a black necklace with a cross and dark sunglasses. He was driving a blue truck with red and white striping.
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead