BELOIT, Wis. - A 15-year-old boy with a semi-automatic handgun at Beloit Memorial High School was taken into custody Friday, according to a release from Beloit police.
Police said they were following up on a complaint related to a threat when they made contact with the student at the school. The boy was arrested at about 12:45 p.m.
Officers said the gun was reported stolen earlier in the day from a home on the city's west side.
The boys will be held in secure detention until a court hearing early next week.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart