BELOIT, Wis. - A 15-year-old boy with a semi-automatic handgun at Beloit Memorial High School was taken into custody Friday, according to a release from Beloit police.
Police said they were following up on a complaint related to a threat when they made contact with the student at the school. The boy was arrested at about 12:45 p.m.
Officers said the gun was reported stolen earlier in the day from a home on the city's west side.
The boys will be held in secure detention until a court hearing early next week.
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake
- Woman's purse taken while downtown; man arrested