MADISON, Wis. - Police said a man's iPhone was retrieved after a teen grabbed it from him as the man was dining outdoors downtown.
Police said a Barrington, Ill., man and his wife were in Madison to celebrate his 59th birthday Friday just after noon at Chi Restaurant on West Johnson Street when a 15-year-old boy grabbed the man's cellphone.
According to the report, the man yelled at the teen to give it back and the boy laughed.
The Barrington man was able to chase down a girl who was with the alleged thief and police were able to catch the boy with the phone, according to the report.
Police said the iPhone was returned to the man.
The 15-year-old Madison boy was arrested on suspicion of theft and taken to the Juvenile Reception Center, police said.
The girl, also 15, was cooperative and was not arrested, according to the report.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land