MADISON, Wis. - An 18-year-old Madison man told police he believes an attacker followed him off a bus before robbing him Friday night.
The victim said he got off a Madison Metro bus on East Johnson Street near the intersection with Fordem Avenue. He said he was walking to his apartment when a man behind him asked to use his phone.
When the man pulled it out of his pocket, the robber grabbed it and pushed the victim to the ground, according to police.
The robber was last seen running on East Johnson Street near First Street. He's described as black, 20 to 22 years old, 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall, with an average build, short hair and wearing all black clothing, including a coat with a hood.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say