MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a 17-year-old Madison teen suspected of driving a van into a home on the city's near West Side on Friday evening remains at large.
Police said the collision at about 6:15 p.m. caused an estimated $15,000 worth of damage to a house on Travis Terrace.
Moments before the collision, a 76-year-old woman tried to stop the teen from driving away in the van. She was standing on the driver's-side running-board of the van and attempting to get the keys out of the ignition when the suspect floored the vehicle, police said.
The woman hung on for 75 yards before the teen stopped to let her get off.
Police said the teen then drove into the house and fled on foot.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry