MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a 17-year-old Madison teen suspected of driving a van into a home on the city's near West Side on Friday evening remains at large.
Police said the collision at about 6:15 p.m. caused an estimated $15,000 worth of damage to a house on Travis Terrace.
Moments before the collision, a 76-year-old woman tried to stop the teen from driving away in the van. She was standing on the driver's-side running-board of the van and attempting to get the keys out of the ignition when the suspect floored the vehicle, police said.
The woman hung on for 75 yards before the teen stopped to let her get off.
Police said the teen then drove into the house and fled on foot.
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn
- WIAA board approves concussion insurance for student athletes
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet