MADISON, Wis. - A 17-year-old driver is facing a $429 speeding ticket after Madison police said they clocked him going 114 mph.
An officer spotted the vehicle going east on the West Beltline Highway near South Whitney Way at about 10:06 p.m. Thursday.
The officer said the teen guessed he was driving about 85 mph. The driver apologized and told the officer he was speeding because he needed to get home.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash