MADISON, Wis. - A 17-year-old driver is facing a $429 speeding ticket after Madison police said they clocked him going 114 mph.
An officer spotted the vehicle going east on the West Beltline Highway near South Whitney Way at about 10:06 p.m. Thursday.
The officer said the teen guessed he was driving about 85 mph. The driver apologized and told the officer he was speeding because he needed to get home.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets