MADISON, Wis. - A 17-year-old driver is facing a $429 speeding ticket after Madison police said they clocked him going 114 mph.
An officer spotted the vehicle going east on the West Beltline Highway near South Whitney Way at about 10:06 p.m. Thursday.
The officer said the teen guessed he was driving about 85 mph. The driver apologized and told the officer he was speeding because he needed to get home.
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan