MADISON, Wis. - A 17-year-old driver is facing a $429 speeding ticket after Madison police said they clocked him going 114 mph.
An officer spotted the vehicle going east on the West Beltline Highway near South Whitney Way at about 10:06 p.m. Thursday.
The officer said the teen guessed he was driving about 85 mph. The driver apologized and told the officer he was speeding because he needed to get home.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land