MADISON, Wis. - A teenage driver was arrested Wednesday night after striking two vehicles and trying to flee police, according to a release from Madison police.
An officer watching traffic on Hammersley Road at around 9:30 p.m. said a vehicle sped past and struck another vehicle as the officer started following it. The vehicle continued and struck a parked car on Loreen Drive.
The officer said the 17-year-old driver climbed through the window and fled before being taken into custody.
The driver and his 18-year-old passenger suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of eluding and second-offense operating a vehicle while intoxicated causing injury.Madison crime map
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks