MADISON, Wis. - One man is dead and his brother is in custody after a shooting on Madison's near east side Monday night, authorities said.
Authorities said a 33-year-old man was shot in the 1300 block of East Wilson Street around 7 p.m.
The situation is being classified as a domestic incident, police said. The victim's brother, also in his 30s, is in custody on a tentative charge of felon in possession of a firearm.
Officials said the victim was shot at least once.
An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday morning.
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn