MADISON, Wis. - One man is dead and his brother is in custody after a shooting on Madison's near east side Monday night, authorities said.
Authorities said a 33-year-old man was shot in the 1300 block of East Wilson Street around 7 p.m.
The situation is being classified as a domestic incident, police said. The victim's brother, also in his 30s, is in custody on a tentative charge of felon in possession of a firearm.
Officials said the victim was shot at least once.
An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday morning.
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers