MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they arrested a 20-year-old Madison man Thursday morning on a charge of attempted first-degree intentional homicide following a police investigation.
Andrew J. Meis is accused of planning to kill two Madison residents: a 54-year-old woman and a 21-year-old man, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
Police said an AK-47 rifle and ammunition were recovered from Meis' home in the 4700 block of Hayes Road.
Police said the suspect was apprehended before any gun violence took place.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend