MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they arrested a 20-year-old Madison man Thursday morning on a charge of attempted first-degree intentional homicide following a police investigation.
Andrew J. Meis is accused of planning to kill two Madison residents: a 54-year-old woman and a 21-year-old man, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
Police said an AK-47 rifle and ammunition were recovered from Meis' home in the 4700 block of Hayes Road.
Police said the suspect was apprehended before any gun violence took place.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK