MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they arrested a 16-year-old West High School student inside the school Monday morning after she attacked another student with a bicycle part.
Police said the victim, a 15-year-old girl, was hit several times in the head with a bike peg, which is a hollow 5-inch tube.
The victim was taken to a hospital, where she needed several staples to close a wound, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
The suspect was angry with the victim because she believed the 15-year old recently stole her iPhone, police said.
The 16-year-old girl was taken to the Juvenile Reception Center on a tentative charge of substantial battery, according to the incident report.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes