MADISON, Wis. - A 21-year-old Madison woman leaving a downtown bar said a man with a squirt-gun-like device sprayed mace, or something similar, into her eyes early Saturday morning, Madison police said.
The victim was crying and having a hard time seeing when police arrived about 2:16 a.m. in the 500 block of State Street, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
She told a responding officer that it felt like her face was on fire. Snow was used to help wash the substance away.
Police said a man who was found sleeping in a nearby doorway was identified by a witness as the person responsible. Police said the man had an extendable, police-type baton in his pocket, but a squirt-gun-like device was not found.
Police said Jason D. Bogen, 27, of Madison, was arrested on tentative charges of intentional use of an oleoresin device causing bodily harm, carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash