GREEN BAY, Wis. - A sting to catch child predators led to the arrests of 16 people across northeast Wisconsin, police said.
Operation Black Veil 2 was a joint effort between several law enforcement agencies as investigators posed as minors on popular Internet sites like Craigslist and Facebook They also responded to advertisements and also sent out solicitations.
Investigators said there should be a lesson in this for parents.
"Just watch your children. Make sure your computer is in an open room, monitor Internet history, look at software to do that, just know what they are doing," said Jim Valley, Door County Sheriff's Office investigator.
This is the third operation of its kind in a year in the Green Bay area.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees