MIDDLETON, Wis. - A Middleton police squad car investigating a rollover crash was struck by a drunken driver, according to a release from Middleton police.
Officers were at the scene of a crash on the eastbound Beltline at Greenway Boulevard when just after midnight a vehicle struck a fully marked squad car with its emergency lights activated, police said.
The driver, Paul L. Jones, 40, of Waunakee, was taken to UW Hospital for treatment, according to the report. He was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated.
The squad car was unoccupied at the time of the crash. The car sustained significant damage but no officers were injured.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK