MIDDLETON, Wis. - A Middleton police squad car investigating a rollover crash was struck by a drunken driver, according to a release from Middleton police.
Officers were at the scene of a crash on the eastbound Beltline at Greenway Boulevard when just after midnight a vehicle struck a fully marked squad car with its emergency lights activated, police said.
The driver, Paul L. Jones, 40, of Waunakee, was taken to UW Hospital for treatment, according to the report. He was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated.
The squad car was unoccupied at the time of the crash. The car sustained significant damage but no officers were injured.
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids
- ACLU: Youth prison lawsuit prompted by silence from investigators
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles