LA CROSSE, Wis. - Bail is set at $10 million for a Minnesota man charged with killing a father and son at their La Crosse photography store.
Thirty-nine-year-old Jeffrey Lepsch, of Dakota, Minn., appeared Thursday in Winona County court in Minnesota. Lepsch could have waived extradition to Wisconsin, but asked to appear with an attorney.
The judge appointed a public defender and set the next court appearance for Oct. 18.
Investigators believe Lepsch walked into the downtown La Crosse shop on Sept. 15 and killed 56-year-old Paul Petras and his 19-year-old son, A.J. Petras. Police said Lepsch stole $16,000 in camera equipment.
Lepsch remains in the Winona County Jail.
- Victim of stabbing at Sun Prairie theater said he didn't know attacker
- Slain Wis. officer ID'd as 15-year veteran
- University Avenue among busy roads to be reconstructed
- Gov. Walker extends condolences to shooting victims
- Driver in fatal limo crash sentenced to probation
- Madison police seek accused bank robber