LA CROSSE, Wis. - Bail is set at $10 million for a Minnesota man charged with killing a father and son at their La Crosse photography store.
Thirty-nine-year-old Jeffrey Lepsch, of Dakota, Minn., appeared Thursday in Winona County court in Minnesota. Lepsch could have waived extradition to Wisconsin, but asked to appear with an attorney.
The judge appointed a public defender and set the next court appearance for Oct. 18.
Investigators believe Lepsch walked into the downtown La Crosse shop on Sept. 15 and killed 56-year-old Paul Petras and his 19-year-old son, A.J. Petras. Police said Lepsch stole $16,000 in camera equipment.
Lepsch remains in the Winona County Jail.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend