LA CROSSE, Wis. - Bail is set at $10 million for a Minnesota man charged with killing a father and son at their La Crosse photography store.
Thirty-nine-year-old Jeffrey Lepsch, of Dakota, Minn., appeared Thursday in Winona County court in Minnesota. Lepsch could have waived extradition to Wisconsin, but asked to appear with an attorney.
The judge appointed a public defender and set the next court appearance for Oct. 18.
Investigators believe Lepsch walked into the downtown La Crosse shop on Sept. 15 and killed 56-year-old Paul Petras and his 19-year-old son, A.J. Petras. Police said Lepsch stole $16,000 in camera equipment.
Lepsch remains in the Winona County Jail.
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- State schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Shell casings found after gunshots heard in Fitchburg
- Madison police investigate attempted homicide
- Hotel Week attracts visitors and locals
- City clerk expects higher voter turnout for spring primary election than recent years