LA CROSSE, Wis. - Bail is set at $10 million for a Minnesota man charged with killing a father and son at their La Crosse photography store.
Thirty-nine-year-old Jeffrey Lepsch, of Dakota, Minn., appeared Thursday in Winona County court in Minnesota. Lepsch could have waived extradition to Wisconsin, but asked to appear with an attorney.
The judge appointed a public defender and set the next court appearance for Oct. 18.
Investigators believe Lepsch walked into the downtown La Crosse shop on Sept. 15 and killed 56-year-old Paul Petras and his 19-year-old son, A.J. Petras. Police said Lepsch stole $16,000 in camera equipment.
Lepsch remains in the Winona County Jail.
- Criminal charges being considered against student who posted threatening picture
- Former village employee arrested on water meter tampering, theft charges
- MPD: Car hit with gunfire, no injuries reported in west side shooting
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Darlington officer spooks masked men, thwarts theft of UTV, police say
- Milwaukee man charged in Appleton police shooting incident