MADISON, Wis. - A 19-year-old Madison man was taken to a hospital for observation after callers reported seeing him dancing in traffic and jumping on cars, according to a report from Madison police.
Officers said the callers thought the man spotted in the 600 block of Whitney Way and near the Madison Metro West Transfer Point on Thursday night was "higher than a kite."
The man repeatedly punched a 49-year-old man at the transfer point, according to police. Several officers and a Taser were needed to get the man under control.
Police said he was chanting and speaking incoherently.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire