MADISON, Wis. - A 19-year-old Madison man was taken to a hospital for observation after callers reported seeing him dancing in traffic and jumping on cars, according to a report from Madison police.
Officers said the callers thought the man spotted in the 600 block of Whitney Way and near the Madison Metro West Transfer Point on Thursday night was "higher than a kite."
The man repeatedly punched a 49-year-old man at the transfer point, according to police. Several officers and a Taser were needed to get the man under control.
Police said he was chanting and speaking incoherently.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks