LANCASTER, Wis. - The Grant County Sheriff`s Office was notified by the Wisconsin Sexual Offender Registry Program that one of their registrants may be in violation of their restriction, according to a release.
Frank Cramer, 28, of Lancaster, was babysitting a young child on March 20. Cramer is an active registrant and not to have unsupervised contact with children, according to authorities.
An investigation into this incident led a Sheriff`s Office deputy to find that a female acquaintance of Cramer`s had allowed Cramer to babysit her infant daughter, mostly unsupervised, overnight at his apartment, according to police.
The deputy confirmed through the Department of Corrections that this is a violation of Cramer`s restrictions based on his active status on the Sex Offender Registry. Cramer was arrested for sex offender working with a child under 16, a felony, and booked into the Grant County Jail.
The incident is still under investigation regarding the parent of the child allowing Cramer to have the unsupervised contact.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street