LANCASTER, Wis. - The Grant County Sheriff`s Office was notified by the Wisconsin Sexual Offender Registry Program that one of their registrants may be in violation of their restriction, according to a release.
Frank Cramer, 28, of Lancaster, was babysitting a young child on March 20. Cramer is an active registrant and not to have unsupervised contact with children, according to authorities.
An investigation into this incident led a Sheriff`s Office deputy to find that a female acquaintance of Cramer`s had allowed Cramer to babysit her infant daughter, mostly unsupervised, overnight at his apartment, according to police.
The deputy confirmed through the Department of Corrections that this is a violation of Cramer`s restrictions based on his active status on the Sex Offender Registry. Cramer was arrested for sex offender working with a child under 16, a felony, and booked into the Grant County Jail.
The incident is still under investigation regarding the parent of the child allowing Cramer to have the unsupervised contact.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire