LANCASTER, Wis. - The Grant County Sheriff`s Office was notified by the Wisconsin Sexual Offender Registry Program that one of their registrants may be in violation of their restriction, according to a release.
Frank Cramer, 28, of Lancaster, was babysitting a young child on March 20. Cramer is an active registrant and not to have unsupervised contact with children, according to authorities.
An investigation into this incident led a Sheriff`s Office deputy to find that a female acquaintance of Cramer`s had allowed Cramer to babysit her infant daughter, mostly unsupervised, overnight at his apartment, according to police.
The deputy confirmed through the Department of Corrections that this is a violation of Cramer`s restrictions based on his active status on the Sex Offender Registry. Cramer was arrested for sex offender working with a child under 16, a felony, and booked into the Grant County Jail.
The incident is still under investigation regarding the parent of the child allowing Cramer to have the unsupervised contact.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land