MADISON, Wis. - Police are looking for a man accused of stealing a Madison woman's purse on Randolph Drive Thursday night.
According to a Madison Police Department statement, the man wrenched the purse out of the woman's hands in the 200 block of Randolph Drive, breaking the straps. The statement said he also pushed her down before fleeing the scene toward Tree Lane.
A MPD K9 was able to pick up the robber's scent and track it for several blocks, according to the statement, but was ultimately unable to find the man.
The man is described as a black man with a thin build weighing around 100 pounds.
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn
- WIAA board approves concussion insurance for student athletes
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet