MADISON, Wis. - Police are looking for a man accused of stealing a Madison woman's purse on Randolph Drive Thursday night.
According to a Madison Police Department statement, the man wrenched the purse out of the woman's hands in the 200 block of Randolph Drive, breaking the straps. The statement said he also pushed her down before fleeing the scene toward Tree Lane.
A MPD K9 was able to pick up the robber's scent and track it for several blocks, according to the statement, but was ultimately unable to find the man.
The man is described as a black man with a thin build weighing around 100 pounds.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say