MADISON, Wis. - Police said a man was shot on the far east side by two men driving a stolen car.
The Madison Police Department said at about 3:45 p.m. Sunday, a bystander called to report that a man had been shot at several times by two black men in a white Chevy Impala. Police said the witness also told them the victim fled into the woods near 130 Wittwer Road.
According to the report, a police dog was called to track the victim through the woods.
A short time later, officers were called to Pinewood Court for a report of a man with a gunshot wound to his hand, police said.
The man told police he was with the suspects just prior to the shooting and the suspects stole his car, a white 2007 Chevy Impala with Wisconsin license plate "697 SFE."
Police asked residents to call 911 and use caution if they see the vehicle; according to the report, the suspects are considered armed and dangerous.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says