MADISON, Wis. - The driver of a van was taken to a hospital after his vehicle struck two cars and a sign Friday morning, according to a release from Madison police.
The 56-year-old Madison police he was pulling out of his driveway on Meadowlark Drive near Dorfmeister Court when the accelerator got stuck.
Police said he drove over a neighbor's yard, hit a parked car and sideswiped another containing a husband and wife. The van then struck a sign for Heritage Heights Park.
The man stopped the van by throwing it into park.
The driver's injuries are not life-threatening. The couple was uninjured.26587218
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement