MADISON, Wis. - The driver of a van was taken to a hospital after his vehicle struck two cars and a sign Friday morning, according to a release from Madison police.
The 56-year-old Madison police he was pulling out of his driveway on Meadowlark Drive near Dorfmeister Court when the accelerator got stuck.
Police said he drove over a neighbor's yard, hit a parked car and sideswiped another containing a husband and wife. The van then struck a sign for Heritage Heights Park.
The man stopped the van by throwing it into park.
The driver's injuries are not life-threatening. The couple was uninjured.26587218
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns