MADISON, Wis. - Police said one man has died following a single-motorcycle crash Wednesday night at University Avenue Overlook Pass near Allen Boulevard.
Officials say a medical examiner was called to scene after they responded around 8:40 p.m.
According to police, a motorcycle was traveling eastbound in the 6100 block of University Avenue very fast when the driver lost control and was thrown from his bike.
Police said it appears the driver struck a street sign. The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
Stay tuned to WISCTV for updates as information becomes available.
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- Funding is available to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River