MADISON, Wis. - An east side gas station was robbed at gunpoint Friday night, Madison police said.
A man entered the Citgo gas station at 3401 Milwaukee St. around 9:35 p.m., pointed a handgun at the clerk and demanded money, according to a release.
The clerk complied and the robber left with a small amount of cash, police said.
The robber was last seen leaving the parking lot of the gas station on foot southbound on South Fair Oaks Avenue, according to the release.
The man is described as black, about 20 years old, 6 feet tall, weighing 150 to 160 pounds with a thin build. He had black hair in short braids or dreadlocks. He was wearing camouflage jacket and pants and black shoes with white bottoms.
Police ask anyone who can identify the man in the surveillance pictures or who has any information on the robbery to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- High river level delays Rock Aqua Jays' opening performance
- Med Flight responds to one-vehicle crash in Fitchburg
- Custodian at Madison school resigns after allegedly punching parent
- Fish kill hits Traxler Park Lagoon in Janesville
- German delegation studies Madison College cyber security program
- More than 2,000 patients' info hacked, UW Health says