PORTAGE, Wis. - A toddler was taken to the hospital after falling from a window.
Portage police Lt. Penny Kiefer said a 3-year-old boy was leaning against a window in his two-story apartment at 650 East Howard St. Thursday and fell through the screen.
Kiefer said the toddler landed on his side on the grass.
Emergency responders took the boy to Divine Savior Health Care. He was later transferred to UW Hospital.
Kiefer said the child's injuries seemed minor and the rain-softened ground eased his fall.
The boy's parents were home at the time of the accident. Police said they will not face charges in the incident. Kiefer said a couch was next to the window in the apartment.
Kiefer said officers are following up with the landlord to ensure the safety of the building's window screens.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement