PORTAGE, Wis. - A toddler was taken to the hospital after falling from a window.
Portage police Lt. Penny Kiefer said a 3-year-old boy was leaning against a window in his two-story apartment at 650 East Howard St. Thursday and fell through the screen.
Kiefer said the toddler landed on his side on the grass.
Emergency responders took the boy to Divine Savior Health Care. He was later transferred to UW Hospital.
Kiefer said the child's injuries seemed minor and the rain-softened ground eased his fall.
The boy's parents were home at the time of the accident. Police said they will not face charges in the incident. Kiefer said a couch was next to the window in the apartment.
Kiefer said officers are following up with the landlord to ensure the safety of the building's window screens.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say