MADISON, Wis. - Police stopped a stolen vehicle from the Wisconsin Dells on Madison's south side Saturday night after a short pursuit, according to a release.
Just before 10 p.m. an officer noticed a Ford Expedition erratically exiting the westbound Beltline near Todd Drive, officials said. The officer recognized the vehicle as a being stolen from the Dells and initiated a traffic stop.
The driver refused to stop until reaching the 3000 block of Ashford Lane in the Arbor Hills neighborhood, according to the release.
Numerous officers responded to the scene because the occupants of the vehicle were not initially cooperative, officials said. Officers eventually took into custody a number of juveniles.
The driver was a Madison-area juvenile who was AWOL from a Milwaukee-area group home, according to the release.
No one was injured in the incident, officials said.Madison crime map
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road
- Madison police investigate shots fired, crash
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Oakcrest Tavern