MADISON, Wis. - Police stopped a stolen vehicle from the Wisconsin Dells on Madison's south side Saturday night after a short pursuit, according to a release.
Just before 10 p.m. an officer noticed a Ford Expedition erratically exiting the westbound Beltline near Todd Drive, officials said. The officer recognized the vehicle as a being stolen from the Dells and initiated a traffic stop.
The driver refused to stop until reaching the 3000 block of Ashford Lane in the Arbor Hills neighborhood, according to the release.
Numerous officers responded to the scene because the occupants of the vehicle were not initially cooperative, officials said. Officers eventually took into custody a number of juveniles.
The driver was a Madison-area juvenile who was AWOL from a Milwaukee-area group home, according to the release.
No one was injured in the incident, officials said.Madison crime map
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend