MADISON, Wis. - A woman was punched several times in the face by a woman who took her purse from her, according to a release from Madison police.
The 40-year-old victim told police she was walking along Northport Drive near Troy Drive Saturday night when she crossed paths with two other women. She said one of the women grabbed the strap of her purse.
The struggle for the purse ended when the robber began punching the woman in the face.
The victim told police the second woman was rooting the first woman on but didn't get involved.
The robber is described as black, in her early to mid-20s, 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing 220 pounds with a heavy build and orange tinted hair worn in a bob style. She was wearing a white and pink top.Madison crime map
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program