MADISON, Wis. - A woman was punched several times in the face by a woman who took her purse from her, according to a release from Madison police.
The 40-year-old victim told police she was walking along Northport Drive near Troy Drive Saturday night when she crossed paths with two other women. She said one of the women grabbed the strap of her purse.
The struggle for the purse ended when the robber began punching the woman in the face.
The victim told police the second woman was rooting the first woman on but didn't get involved.
The robber is described as black, in her early to mid-20s, 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing 220 pounds with a heavy build and orange tinted hair worn in a bob style. She was wearing a white and pink top.Madison crime map
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral