MADISON, Wis. - A woman was punched several times in the face by a woman who took her purse from her, according to a release from Madison police.
The 40-year-old victim told police she was walking along Northport Drive near Troy Drive Saturday night when she crossed paths with two other women. She said one of the women grabbed the strap of her purse.
The struggle for the purse ended when the robber began punching the woman in the face.
The victim told police the second woman was rooting the first woman on but didn't get involved.
The robber is described as black, in her early to mid-20s, 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing 220 pounds with a heavy build and orange tinted hair worn in a bob style. She was wearing a white and pink top.Madison crime map
- Police find 20 bullet casings in far east side park
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution