STOUGHTON, Wis. - A police perimeter in the Stoughton area delayed some students from getting home from school Monday afternoon.
Dane County sheriff's deputies were called to check the welfare of a man in a home in the 1900 block of Skyline Drive, near Highway 51 and County Highway B, just after 2:15 p.m. Monday.
Deputies said that when they arrived they thought they heard a gunshot, so they shut down the road, forcing a school bus to not let students off at their homes.
About two hours later, deputies went inside and found an intoxicated man but no firearms. The man was taken into custody.
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration