STOUGHTON, Wis. - A police perimeter in the Stoughton area delayed some students from getting home from school Monday afternoon.
Dane County sheriff's deputies were called to check the welfare of a man in a home in the 1900 block of Skyline Drive, near Highway 51 and County Highway B, just after 2:15 p.m. Monday.
Deputies said that when they arrived they thought they heard a gunshot, so they shut down the road, forcing a school bus to not let students off at their homes.
About two hours later, deputies went inside and found an intoxicated man but no firearms. The man was taken into custody.
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer