STOUGHTON, Wis. - A police perimeter in the Stoughton area delayed some students from getting home from school Monday afternoon.
Dane County sheriff's deputies were called to check the welfare of a man in a home in the 1900 block of Skyline Drive, near Highway 51 and County Highway B, just after 2:15 p.m. Monday.
Deputies said that when they arrived they thought they heard a gunshot, so they shut down the road, forcing a school bus to not let students off at their homes.
About two hours later, deputies went inside and found an intoxicated man but no firearms. The man was taken into custody.
- Eau Claire TV station owner sues over duo's on-air prank
- Alcohol use among senior citizens on the rise
- Door County trees chomped by invasive bugs
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases