STOUGHTON, Wis. - A police perimeter in the Stoughton area delayed some students from getting home from school Monday afternoon.
Dane County sheriff's deputies were called to check the welfare of a man in a home in the 1900 block of Skyline Drive, near Highway 51 and County Highway B, just after 2:15 p.m. Monday.
Deputies said that when they arrived they thought they heard a gunshot, so they shut down the road, forcing a school bus to not let students off at their homes.
About two hours later, deputies went inside and found an intoxicated man but no firearms. The man was taken into custody.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart