STOUGHTON, Wis. - A pedestrian involved in a vehicle crash in Stoughton Monday morning died at a local hospital, according to a release.
According to the release, a 76-year-old woman died from injuries she sustained when she was hit by the SUV, according to the release.
Officials said they responded to reports of a crash on North Page at West Wilson streets in Stoughton Monday around 11 a.m.
Witnesses were performing Cardio Cerebral Resuscitation on a pedestrian involved in the crash, according to the release. EMS took over, continued CCR and transported the victim to Stoughton Hospital, where she was later pronounced dead at 11:35 a.m.
Her name has not been released.
Officials said a preliminary investigation revealed that a 2009 Buick Enclave driven by Dennis E. Radecke, 68, of Stoughton, was traveling northbound on North Page Street when he struck the 76-year-old female pedestrian in the crosswalk at West Wilson Street.
Radecke refused medical attention at the scene and was wearing a seat belt, according to the release.
The crash is still under investigation.
Alcohol and speed do not appear to be factors in the crash, officials said.
- Police find 20 bullet casings in far east side park
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution