MADISON, Wis. - A pedestrian is still in the hospital after being hit by a vehicle on East Washington Avenue Saturday night, Madison police said.
Police were sent to the 3500 block of East Washington Avenue around 9:20 p.m. for reports of a motor vehicle versus pedestrian crash, according to a release.
The driver told police he was driving inbound on East Washington Avenue when he hit a pedestrian who was crossing the road in the middle of the block, police said.
The 56-year-old pedestrian was taken to a local hospital with what appeared to be non-life-threatening injuries, officials said. The crash remains under investigation, but no citations had been issued as of Sunday morning.
Based on statements, police believe there are not additional witnesses to the crash, according to the release. Officials ask anyone with information on the crash to contact the Madison Police Department Traffic Section at 608-266-4622.Madison crime map
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer