MADISON, Wis. - A pedestrian is in critical condition after being hit by a vehicle, according to a release.
The woman was attempting to cross East Washington Avenue in the crosswalk around 3:25 p.m. Thursday when the driver of a vehicle in the center lane hit her, according to the release.
Officials said the driver attempted to stop but was unable to.
The 50-year-old woman has head injuries and was transported to a local hospital, according to the release. She is currently in critical condition.
Officials said an investigation is ongoing.
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle
- Man sentenced in heroin overdose death
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick