MADISON, Wis. - A pedestrian is in critical condition after being hit by a vehicle, according to a release.
The woman was attempting to cross East Washington Avenue in the crosswalk around 3:25 p.m. Thursday when the driver of a vehicle in the center lane hit her, according to the release.
Officials said the driver attempted to stop but was unable to.
The 50-year-old woman has head injuries and was transported to a local hospital, according to the release. She is currently in critical condition.
Officials said an investigation is ongoing.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms