MADISON, Wis. - A Madison Metro bus passenger threatened a driver with a kitchen knife Wednesday morning, according to a release.
Officials said they responded to West Johnson and North Mills streets Wednesday around 7:34 a.m. to arrest Duardo B. Smith, 45.
Smith told the bus driver he had a knife and he knew "how to use it" after the driver told him he had not paid the full bus fare, according to the release. Smith had also started calling driver names, and was being loud and aggressive.
Police said the man did have a knife, similar to a butter knife.
Smith was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct while armed.Madison crime map
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks