MADISON, Wis. - A Madison Metro bus passenger threatened a driver with a kitchen knife Wednesday morning, according to a release.
Officials said they responded to West Johnson and North Mills streets Wednesday around 7:34 a.m. to arrest Duardo B. Smith, 45.
Smith told the bus driver he had a knife and he knew "how to use it" after the driver told him he had not paid the full bus fare, according to the release. Smith had also started calling driver names, and was being loud and aggressive.
Police said the man did have a knife, similar to a butter knife.
Smith was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct while armed.Madison crime map
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road
- Madison police investigate shots fired, crash
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Oakcrest Tavern
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam