JANESVILLE, Wis. - A 23-year-old woman was revived after overdosing on heroin Friday night, Janesville police said.
Around 10 p.m. Janesville police responded to the 500 block of South Parker Drive for reports of an unconscious 23-year-old woman, according to an alert. The woman was found unconscious and without a pulse when police arrived.
Officers provided chest compressions until paramedics arrived, police said. The woman did regain consciousness, and was transported for medical treatment.
The investigation is ongoing, and police will be making contact with other persons of interest in the incident, officials said.
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people