JANESVILLE, Wis. - A 23-year-old woman was revived after overdosing on heroin Friday night, Janesville police said.
Around 10 p.m. Janesville police responded to the 500 block of South Parker Drive for reports of an unconscious 23-year-old woman, according to an alert. The woman was found unconscious and without a pulse when police arrived.
Officers provided chest compressions until paramedics arrived, police said. The woman did regain consciousness, and was transported for medical treatment.
The investigation is ongoing, and police will be making contact with other persons of interest in the incident, officials said.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry