MADISON, Wis. - A 36-year-old man is suspected of operating while intoxicated after a hit-and-run crash late Thursday night, according to a release from Madison police.
Officers were called to the intersection of County Road T and North Sprecher Road at 10:56 p.m. for a report of a hit-and-run crash. Police said the suspect vehicle struck another vehicle and left the scene, but someone got the license plate information off the suspect vehicle.
Police found the address of the registered owner was nearby, found the suspect vehicle and arrested Matthew J. Palmer on suspicion of first-offense operating while intoxicated and hit-and-run.
No one was injured in the crash.Madison crime map
- It's 'Time to Talk' about the issues all around us
- Consumer Reports: Is identity theft insurance worth it?
- Whitewater High School evacuated because of suspicious package
- PD: Someone opened fire on officers who responded to suspicious vehicle report
- 24-year-old Cuba City woman struck, killed pedestrian on Iowa road
- Woman struck, killed walking on highway, deputies say