MADISON, Wis. - A 36-year-old man is suspected of operating while intoxicated after a hit-and-run crash late Thursday night, according to a release from Madison police.
Officers were called to the intersection of County Road T and North Sprecher Road at 10:56 p.m. for a report of a hit-and-run crash. Police said the suspect vehicle struck another vehicle and left the scene, but someone got the license plate information off the suspect vehicle.
Police found the address of the registered owner was nearby, found the suspect vehicle and arrested Matthew J. Palmer on suspicion of first-offense operating while intoxicated and hit-and-run.
No one was injured in the crash.Madison crime map
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out