MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they arrested a burglar who was throwing tables and chairs around inside Pedro's Mexican Restaurante.
Madison police responded to a burglar alarm at the restaurant at 3555 E. Washington Ave. about 3:45 a.m. Saturday and found the front door had been forced open
Officers could hear noises coming from the darkness, which sounded like things being thrown around.
Officers located Shane R. Reidle, 27, of Stoughton, in the restaurant, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
Police said he had been throwing tables and chairs around. One table was broken and three others were turned upside down. Chairs were strewn about, a planter had been pulled down, and there were several broken saucers and glasses, according to the incident report.
When asked what he was doing, the suspect said, "I don't know," according to the incident report.
Reidle told police he had been out drinking with friends earlier, according to the incident report.
Police said Reidle was arrested on charges of burglary and criminal damage to property.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire