MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police said an officer has shot and wounded a driver who allegedly rammed the officer's squad car while attempting to flee.
The shooting happened Monday evening, the same day a Wauwatosa police officer was found shot to death.
The police department said officers spotted a truck they believed was stolen. After the officers followed the truck into an alley the driver tried to make a U-turn and rammed the driver's side of the squad car.
Police said the suspect backed up and tried to ram the car again. The officer fired his gun, grazing the truck driver. Her injuries aren't believed to be life-threatening.
The 31-year-old suspect was arrested on tentative charges of recklessly endangering safety.
The officer was placed on administrative duty, which is standard procedure.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs