MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police said an officer has shot and wounded a driver who allegedly rammed the officer's squad car while attempting to flee.
The shooting happened Monday evening, the same day a Wauwatosa police officer was found shot to death.
The police department said officers spotted a truck they believed was stolen. After the officers followed the truck into an alley the driver tried to make a U-turn and rammed the driver's side of the squad car.
Police said the suspect backed up and tried to ram the car again. The officer fired his gun, grazing the truck driver. Her injuries aren't believed to be life-threatening.
The 31-year-old suspect was arrested on tentative charges of recklessly endangering safety.
The officer was placed on administrative duty, which is standard procedure.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online