MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police said an officer has shot and wounded a driver who allegedly rammed the officer's squad car while attempting to flee.
The shooting happened Monday evening, the same day a Wauwatosa police officer was found shot to death.
The police department said officers spotted a truck they believed was stolen. After the officers followed the truck into an alley the driver tried to make a U-turn and rammed the driver's side of the squad car.
Police said the suspect backed up and tried to ram the car again. The officer fired his gun, grazing the truck driver. Her injuries aren't believed to be life-threatening.
The 31-year-old suspect was arrested on tentative charges of recklessly endangering safety.
The officer was placed on administrative duty, which is standard procedure.
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids