MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police said an officer has shot and wounded a driver who allegedly rammed the officer's squad car while attempting to flee.
The shooting happened Monday evening, the same day a Wauwatosa police officer was found shot to death.
The police department said officers spotted a truck they believed was stolen. After the officers followed the truck into an alley the driver tried to make a U-turn and rammed the driver's side of the squad car.
Police said the suspect backed up and tried to ram the car again. The officer fired his gun, grazing the truck driver. Her injuries aren't believed to be life-threatening.
The 31-year-old suspect was arrested on tentative charges of recklessly endangering safety.
The officer was placed on administrative duty, which is standard procedure.
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving