MADISON, Wis. - A Madison police officer suffered a hand injury late Monday after trying to make an arrest on the city's south side, according to Madison police.
The incident happened in the area of Helene and Britta Parkways around 10 p.m. Monday.
According to police, two officers on foot patrol in the area found two men smoking marijuana in a vehicle. When the officers approached the car, one of the men fought with an officer, injuring his hand.
Police said suspect heroin was located on the man. Police said he was arrested and faces charges of battering a police officer and possession of heroin.
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood