MADISON, Wis. - A Madison police officer suffered a hand injury late Monday after trying to make an arrest on the city's south side, according to Madison police.
The incident happened in the area of Helene and Britta Parkways around 10 p.m. Monday.
According to police, two officers on foot patrol in the area found two men smoking marijuana in a vehicle. When the officers approached the car, one of the men fought with an officer, injuring his hand.
Police said suspect heroin was located on the man. Police said he was arrested and faces charges of battering a police officer and possession of heroin.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers