WAUPUN, Wis. - A Wisconsin police officer accused of burglary, stealing two vehicles and leading other officers on a high-speed chase has submitted his resignation.
The Waupun Police and Fire Commission is expected to accept Lt. Bradley Young's resignation when it meets Thursday.
Young has been in the Burnett County Jail since his Aug. 6 arrest.
Waupun Police Department Deputy Chief Scott Louden told The Reporter Media that Young has admitted stealing $3,000 from a Waupun grocery store.
Officials said previously that Young was a suspect in other burglaries as well.
He faces multiple charges in Green Lake and Barron counties, and charges are pending in Burnett County.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire