WAUPUN, Wis. - A Wisconsin police officer accused of burglary, stealing two vehicles and leading other officers on a high-speed chase has submitted his resignation.
The Waupun Police and Fire Commission is expected to accept Lt. Bradley Young's resignation when it meets Thursday.
Young has been in the Burnett County Jail since his Aug. 6 arrest.
Waupun Police Department Deputy Chief Scott Louden told The Reporter Media that Young has admitted stealing $3,000 from a Waupun grocery store.
Officials said previously that Young was a suspect in other burglaries as well.
He faces multiple charges in Green Lake and Barron counties, and charges are pending in Burnett County.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program