WAUPUN, Wis. - A Wisconsin police officer accused of burglary, stealing two vehicles and leading other officers on a high-speed chase has submitted his resignation.
The Waupun Police and Fire Commission is expected to accept Lt. Bradley Young's resignation when it meets Thursday.
Young has been in the Burnett County Jail since his Aug. 6 arrest.
Waupun Police Department Deputy Chief Scott Louden told The Reporter Media that Young has admitted stealing $3,000 from a Waupun grocery store.
Officials said previously that Young was a suspect in other burglaries as well.
He faces multiple charges in Green Lake and Barron counties, and charges are pending in Burnett County.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs