WAUPUN, Wis. - A Wisconsin police officer accused of burglary, stealing two vehicles and leading other officers on a high-speed chase has submitted his resignation.
The Waupun Police and Fire Commission is expected to accept Lt. Bradley Young's resignation when it meets Thursday.
Young has been in the Burnett County Jail since his Aug. 6 arrest.
Waupun Police Department Deputy Chief Scott Louden told The Reporter Media that Young has admitted stealing $3,000 from a Waupun grocery store.
Officials said previously that Young was a suspect in other burglaries as well.
He faces multiple charges in Green Lake and Barron counties, and charges are pending in Burnett County.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns