MIDDLETON, Wis. - Middleton police detectives confronted a bank robber and arrested him at gunpoint in a grocery store Wednesday night, according to a release.
Officials said the detectives noticed a suspicious person wearing a partial face mask and carrying a backpack enter the Guaranty Bank inside the Copps grocery store at 6800 Century Ave. around 2:40 p.m.
When the man exited the bank he was confronted by detectives, according to the release. The man fled to the back of the shopping center where he was arrested at gunpoint.
Shortly after that, the Middleton Police Dispatch Center received a holdup alarm from the bank, and investigators verified the bank had just been robbed by a masked man, officials said.
No one was injured and the robber, Scottie T. Patterson, 28, of Madison, was not armed, according to the release.
Officials said they are investigating whether the incident is related to other recent bank robberies in the city of Madison.
Patterson was arrested on tentative charges of robbery and on an outstanding warrant.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes