MIDDLETON, Wis. - Middleton police detectives confronted a bank robber and arrested him at gunpoint in a grocery store Wednesday night, according to a release.
Officials said the detectives noticed a suspicious person wearing a partial face mask and carrying a backpack enter the Guaranty Bank inside the Copps grocery store at 6800 Century Ave. around 2:40 p.m.
When the man exited the bank he was confronted by detectives, according to the release. The man fled to the back of the shopping center where he was arrested at gunpoint.
Shortly after that, the Middleton Police Dispatch Center received a holdup alarm from the bank, and investigators verified the bank had just been robbed by a masked man, officials said.
No one was injured and the robber, Scottie T. Patterson, 28, of Madison, was not armed, according to the release.
Officials said they are investigating whether the incident is related to other recent bank robberies in the city of Madison.
Patterson was arrested on tentative charges of robbery and on an outstanding warrant.
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police