BELOIT, Wis. - One person suffered burns and smoke inhalation in a vehicle fire in Beloit early Sunday morning, according to a release.
Crews responded to the 800 block of Eighth Street around 4:25 a.m. for a report of a vehicle fire, officials said. When crews got to the scene, they found a fully involved vehicle fire.
Cody Fick was in the vehicle when the fire started, but a neighbor pulled him out and he was lying on the driveway when crews arrived, according to the release. Fick suffered burns to his airway and smoke inhalation. He was transported to Beloit Hospital and then transported to UW Hospital.
The fire is believed to have started in the engine compartment and then spread to the inside of the vehicle, investigators said. The fire is believed to be accidental, but it is still under investigation.
The fire caused $2,000 worth of damage to the vehicle, which is considered a total loss, according to the release. The fire also caused damage to another vehicle and a home.
- No injuries reported in burst of afternoon gunfire in residential neighborhood
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'