BELOIT, Wis. - One person suffered burns and smoke inhalation in a vehicle fire in Beloit early Sunday morning, according to a release.
Crews responded to the 800 block of Eighth Street around 4:25 a.m. for a report of a vehicle fire, officials said. When crews got to the scene, they found a fully involved vehicle fire.
Cody Fick was in the vehicle when the fire started, but a neighbor pulled him out and he was lying on the driveway when crews arrived, according to the release. Fick suffered burns to his airway and smoke inhalation. He was transported to Beloit Hospital and then transported to UW Hospital.
The fire is believed to have started in the engine compartment and then spread to the inside of the vehicle, investigators said. The fire is believed to be accidental, but it is still under investigation.
The fire caused $2,000 worth of damage to the vehicle, which is considered a total loss, according to the release. The fire also caused damage to another vehicle and a home.
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday