BELOIT, Wis. - One person suffered burns and smoke inhalation in a vehicle fire in Beloit early Sunday morning, according to a release.
Crews responded to the 800 block of Eighth Street around 4:25 a.m. for a report of a vehicle fire, officials said. When crews got to the scene, they found a fully involved vehicle fire.
Cody Fick was in the vehicle when the fire started, but a neighbor pulled him out and he was lying on the driveway when crews arrived, according to the release. Fick suffered burns to his airway and smoke inhalation. He was transported to Beloit Hospital and then transported to UW Hospital.
The fire is believed to have started in the engine compartment and then spread to the inside of the vehicle, investigators said. The fire is believed to be accidental, but it is still under investigation.
The fire caused $2,000 worth of damage to the vehicle, which is considered a total loss, according to the release. The fire also caused damage to another vehicle and a home.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls