MADISON, Wis. - Madison police responded to multiple calls for shots fired over the weekend, according to a release.
Officials say they responded to shots fired at 5:37 a.m. Saturday near the 1400 block of Frisch Road.
Multiple citizens called saying they heard gunshots, according to the release.
Officials say they located four shells casings in the roadway but there were no initial reports of property damage or injuries.
Officials say they also responded to shots fired at 11:20 p.m. on Friday near the 3700 block of Kipling Drive.
Several residents called officials saying they heard what they believed to be gunfire, according to the release.
Officials say they were unable to find shell casings, bullet holes or shooting victims.
Witnesses saw five to six people scattering following the rapid sounds but officials could not determine if they were gunshots or possible fireworks, according to the release.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash