MADISON, Wis. - Madison police responded to multiple calls for shots fired over the weekend, according to a release.
Officials say they responded to shots fired at 5:37 a.m. Saturday near the 1400 block of Frisch Road.
Multiple citizens called saying they heard gunshots, according to the release.
Officials say they located four shells casings in the roadway but there were no initial reports of property damage or injuries.
Officials say they also responded to shots fired at 11:20 p.m. on Friday near the 3700 block of Kipling Drive.
Several residents called officials saying they heard what they believed to be gunfire, according to the release.
Officials say they were unable to find shell casings, bullet holes or shooting victims.
Witnesses saw five to six people scattering following the rapid sounds but officials could not determine if they were gunshots or possible fireworks, according to the release.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash