POTOSI, Wis. - A motorcycle-versus-truck crash leaves two people dead, officials say.
Officials responded to reports of a motorcycle-versus-truck accident Wednesday night at State and British Hollow roads in the town of Potosi, according to a release.
A preliminary investigation found that Joseph P. Stelpflug, 21, of Potosi, was traveling north on Stage Road approaching the British Hollow Road intersection in a 1992 Dodge, according to the release. David Edge, 59, of rural Potosi, was traveling west on British Hollow Road on a 2011 Harley Davidson motorcycle.
Edge pulled onto Stage Road to head south, and Stelpflug attempted to avoid the motorcycle, but a collision occurred, officials said. Edge and his passenger, Joan Edge, 59, were ejected from the motorcycle.
Joan Edge was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the release. David Edge was taken to Grant Regional Health Center but died as a result of his injuries. Neither of them were wearing helmets.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000