POTOSI, Wis. - A motorcycle-versus-truck crash leaves two people dead, officials say.
Officials responded to reports of a motorcycle-versus-truck accident Wednesday night at State and British Hollow roads in the town of Potosi, according to a release.
A preliminary investigation found that Joseph P. Stelpflug, 21, of Potosi, was traveling north on Stage Road approaching the British Hollow Road intersection in a 1992 Dodge, according to the release. David Edge, 59, of rural Potosi, was traveling west on British Hollow Road on a 2011 Harley Davidson motorcycle.
Edge pulled onto Stage Road to head south, and Stelpflug attempted to avoid the motorcycle, but a collision occurred, officials said. Edge and his passenger, Joan Edge, 59, were ejected from the motorcycle.
Joan Edge was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the release. David Edge was taken to Grant Regional Health Center but died as a result of his injuries. Neither of them were wearing helmets.
The crash remains under investigation.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike