MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police said the owner of a food store was killed after struggling with a masked gunman.
Police identified the man killed as 53-year-old Fawzi Abu-Hamdan. He was working at the Zara Food Store on Friday night when the gunman entered the store and demanded money.
William Jessup, of the Milwaukee Police Department, said no arrests have been made. He said the motive of the attack appears to be robbery and that the investigation is continuing.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say