MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police said the owner of a food store was killed after struggling with a masked gunman.
Police identified the man killed as 53-year-old Fawzi Abu-Hamdan. He was working at the Zara Food Store on Friday night when the gunman entered the store and demanded money.
William Jessup, of the Milwaukee Police Department, said no arrests have been made. He said the motive of the attack appears to be robbery and that the investigation is continuing.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs