MADISON, Wis. - Witnesses saw three men running from an apartment building with two men chasing them, but the victims aren't saying much to police, according to a release from Madison police.
The victims' neighbor called police Monday at 8:10 a.m. after hearing a neighbor yelling about people stealing his things. The witness told police she then saw men running away from the apartment building in the 1700 block of Onsgard Road. They were wearing bandanas and one was carrying a backpack and two men were chasing them.
She said one of the men giving chase was bleeding from the face.
Police said the 21-year-old man and his friend refused to come out of their apartment and said the man's injury was from tripping and falling into a lamp.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say