MADISON, Wis. - A Langdon Street resident invited two men into his apartment to play video games, and they stole his roommate's laptop and wallet, officials said.
He told police he met the men on the street around 1:30 a.m. Friday, according to a release. He invited the men to his apartment after they asked if they could come over and play video games.
At one point, one of the men said he needed to make a call and walked down a hall in the apartment, police said.
The 18-year-old's stolen credit card was later used at a convenience store, according to the release. The wallet was turned in to staff of the store on Saturday, but it only had his ID and insurance cards in it.
The two thieves are described as black men with four-letter tattoos on their left hands in cursive. One of the men is described as being 5 feet 9 inches tall, 140 pounds with no facial hair and with short dreadlocks. The other man is described as 6 feet tall, 160 pounds with short hair.Madison crime map
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees