MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man claims he was attacked by two men Thursday night outside his home on Hayes Road, police say.
The 28-year-old victim told police two strangers approached him and started accusing him of stealing from one of the men. The two men punched and kicked the victim after he had fallen to the ground.
The victim called for help while the attackers tried to get his wallet and cellphone, police say.
A witness heard the victim calling for help and yelled that she was calling the police. The men fled empty-handed and the victim was transported to a hospital.
Both attackers are described as male, black, 5 feet 10 inches tall, in their 30s to early 40s with shaved heads and wearing white t-shirts. One is described as having a thin build and the other is described as having a heavy build.
- Former village employee arrested on water meter tampering, theft charges
- MPD: Car hit with gunfire, no injuries reported in west side shooting
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Darlington officer spooks masked men, thwarts theft of UTV, police say
- Milwaukee man charged in Appleton police shooting incident
- Janesville school board looks to revise policy, boost attendance