MADISON, Wis. - Police said a person is in custody after multiple reports of a man waving a gun at other vehicles on Madison's west side Thursday.
The Madison Police Department said officers responded to a report of a man in a maroon vehicle waving a gun at a dark-colored SUV in the area of Hammersley Avenue and Whitney Way at about 5:30 p.m.
Multiple callers had reported similar incidents on the west side, according to the report. Callers described a man getting out of his vehicle and pointing the gun at other cars.
Officers spotted the vehicle a short time later and stopped the driver on University Avenue near Craig Avenue.
A gun was found in the vehicle and the 33-year-old man was arrested on a weapons violation, police said.
Two children, ages 2 and 6, were in the vehicle with the man. The kids were turned over to a family member.
No injuries were reported, police said.
- Enbridge says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists