MADISON, Wis. - A man wanted on several felony bench warrants for dealing drugs was arrested Tuesday afternoon when officers found him hiding in an apartment closet, according to a release.
Madison Police Department officers and federal agents from the U.S. Marshall's Service arrested Van C. Jackson, 29, officials said. He was pulled from a closet in an apartment in the 700 block of Badger Road where he was found hiding.
One of the outstanding warrants was for a delivery of cocaine charge stemming from his persistent drug dealing from the same apartment earlier in 2014, according to the release. In April 2014, the MPD South District command sent a Drug Nuisance Abatement letter to the property owner making the owner aware of Jackson's arrest and drug dealing activities.
Several squad cars and officers were in the area of West Badger Road and South Park Street to take Jackson into custody, police said. No one was injured during the arrest.
Jackson will remain at the Dane County Jail until his next court appearance.Madison crime map
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash