MADISON, Wis. - A man wanted on several felony bench warrants for dealing drugs was arrested Tuesday afternoon when officers found him hiding in an apartment closet, according to a release.
Madison Police Department officers and federal agents from the U.S. Marshall's Service arrested Van C. Jackson, 29, officials said. He was pulled from a closet in an apartment in the 700 block of Badger Road where he was found hiding.
One of the outstanding warrants was for a delivery of cocaine charge stemming from his persistent drug dealing from the same apartment earlier in 2014, according to the release. In April 2014, the MPD South District command sent a Drug Nuisance Abatement letter to the property owner making the owner aware of Jackson's arrest and drug dealing activities.
Several squad cars and officers were in the area of West Badger Road and South Park Street to take Jackson into custody, police said. No one was injured during the arrest.
Jackson will remain at the Dane County Jail until his next court appearance.Madison crime map
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes